Professor Tiberiu Bratu MD PhD
- Graduate of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy Carol Davila, Bucharest, in 1980.
- Consultant Doctor in Plastic Surgery,
- Doctor in medical sciences,
- Prime-vice-president of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of Romania,
- Chairman of the Society of Aesthetic Surgery within the above association,
- Member of the European Academy of Aesthetic Surgery.
Since 1987 he has been the head of the Clinic of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Medicine and Pharmacy Timisoara. Over this period he has performed more than 20 000 surgical operations, some of them for the first time in the country:
- excision - early graft in deep burns;
- controlled tissue expansion;
- breast reconstruction after mastectomy for cancer by rotated muscle flaps or by silicon prosthesis;
- breast augmentation by inframammary deepithelialized flap;
- breast lifting by "outstanding breast" technique;
- external ear reconstruction by silicon graft / prosthesis;
- cheloid scar treatment by internal controlled tissue expansion;
His scientific activity means: 10 books, other 50 papers published in extenso in medical journals and other 70 papers published in abstract volumes, more than 300 papers presented at different congresses.
Professional upgrading periods:
- Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery Clinic Rangueil - Toulouse - Prof. Costagliola;
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Department - University Hospital Reims - Prof. Schernberg;
In 1996 he founded the private clinic "Brol Medical Center".